Singapore Creations Etc. (SG Creations), a not-for-profit organisation, works with a spectrum of young people (6 to 20 years old) in Singapore from different socio-economic and cultural backgrounds, and abilities using the creative arts as the primary tool of empowerment and transformation.
SG Creations provides a non-judgmental and safe platform for young people to share their own feelings, concerns, thoughts and aspirations through original artistic projects for the stage, film, video and music recordings.
By giving them a voice, SG Creations helps them transcend and resolve real-life issues.
The organisation does this by offering a free, professional and an unique platform with M.I.C –
- Mentoring by industry professionals
- Integration and Inclusiveness
- Creativity and Self-expression
and bring about an empowering process that:
- Values the individual voices, the strengths in diversity and unique differences of our young people
- Uncovers and nurtures the seeds of their innate gifts with acceptance, attention and love
- Promotes a sense of emotional resilience and well-being through the development of deep and meaningful connections, confidence, awareness and joy
- Encourage ideas that create awareness that is deeply impactful to the community
Thus, beyond the arts and social impact, Creations’ process is aimed at developing youths in more intrinsic ways.
Singapore Creations Etc. was incorporated in May 2014, and have since worked with over 300 young people in 8 major artistic projects and events.
The organisation is currently looking for interns and volunteers that will be able to assist or execute all or some of these activities in any of these departments:
1. Marketing & Public Relations
- Create awareness and engagement for the organisation and its projects with the general public, schools/ organisations, potential sponsors/ partners by
- Updating, sharing and maintaining information via different media and platforms- print, online, social media (eg. Facebook, Instagram, YouTube) and for Creations’ website
- Maintaining mailing list and database
- Coordinate outreach programmes & activities
- Possess good command of english in writing and communications
- Photo and video editing
- Design promotional materials (print/digital forms)
- Maintaining Creations’ website and other digital communication platforms
3. Arts & Youth Administrator / Coordinator
- Administer new sign-ups or enquiries
- Update and engage Creations’ participants
- Coordinate and Setting-up of workshops and events
- General administration for the office and project related activities including schedules, attendance & contacts list
- Maintain a media archive (photos & videos) of workshops and events
For more information, please visit www.sgcreationsetc.com
If you are interested to volunteer, please contact email@example.com
The UOB Heartbeat Run/Walk is an annual employee volunteer programme that brings UOB employees and their family members together to raise funds for a good cause.
The annual event is back this year which will be held at on 24th July 2016 at East Coast Park’s Angsana Green!
Volunteers are welcome to participate in the event.
Details of the event:-
Event Date: 24th July 2016
Reporting Time: 11.30PM (23rd July 2016)
Expected Dismissal Time: 11AM (24th July 2016)
Reporting Venue: East Coast Park, Angsana Green
> Volunteer Transport Allowance
> Exclusive Volunteer T-Shirt
> Early Breakfast and snacks (*Please have your dinner/supper before reporting)
> CIP Letter and Certificate of Appreciation (*Downloadable 2 – 3 months after the event)
There are several roles available such as:
– Route Marshals
– Site Ushers
– Athlete’s Welfare Area Facilitators
– Baggage Facilitators
If you are interested, you can register here. You can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any enquiries.
The Arts House is looking for gallery sitters who are able to look after an upcoming exhibition, Anatomy of Performance by Tan Ngiap Heng.
The exhibition will happen from 11 Aug to 4 Sep 2016.
Your job scope is flexible and you are able to read your books during your shift. CIP hours will be allocated and a letter would be written if needed.
To register, please click here.
Cheng San CC YEC is back to serve the seniors in Ang Mo Kio!
Join them in the Silver Friends Project to bring rainbows and sunshine to seniors from the Thye Hua Kwan Senior Activity Centre @ Ang Mo Kio 208.
Date: Last Saturday of Every Month (July to December 2016)
Time: 10.00am to 11.30 am
Calling for volunteer befrienders, age 15-35 years old, to plan and lead in activities for seniors, and to interact and befriend seniors.
Volunteer befrienders are required to commit in at least 2 planning sessions and 4 befriending sessions. Planning sessions will happen after the debrief of each befriending session.
Training will be provided for all volunteer befrienders.
Register at: http://tinyurl.com/silverfriends