Cycle Out Poverty is back for its second cycle!
Cycle Out Poverty is an event organised by Habitat for Humanity Singapore to raise funds for its very special StarBuilders initiative which supports young people with star potential, but who have few means or resources to participate in Habitat’s builds.
The organisation aims to raise S$120,000 and rally 300 avid cyclists to complete two challenging routes.
Event details are as follows:
Date: 21 February 2016, Sunday
Time: 6.00am – 1.30pm (Flag-off at 7.00am)
Venue: Orchid Country Club
As a volunteer, you will get:
- Complimentary breakfast
- A snazzy volunteer t-shirt
- Community Involvement Acknowledgement Letter
Volunteer roles include:
- Crowd Control
- Water Point
- Volunteer Driver
- Certified First Aider
Sounds good? Sign up as a volunteer for COP 2016 today via this form and spread the word to your friends.
For enquiries, please feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org.
TheatreWorks would like to invite members of the public to be part of the Ambassadors’ Programme.
This programme allows those who are interested in volunteering or the arts to gain a learning opportunity through volunteerism in areas such as artist liaison, front of house and performance management.
A volunteer briefing will be conducted on 2 December 2015. During the briefing, you will be introduced to TheatreWorks and the volunteering opportunities available.
Details of Volunteer Briefing
Time: Evening (Actual Time will be notified by email)
Venue: 72-13, Mohamed Sultan Road, Singapore 239007
If you are interested to join but unable to make it on 2 Dec, you are welcome to sign up at http://tinyurl.com/tworkssignup to note down your interest.
If you would like to know more about the programme, please visit https://tworksambassadors.wordpress.com/.
For any queries, please contact Ambassadors Coordinator, Wei Ting, at 9776 9151 or email@example.com.
OBS presents Project Island-A-Hand, an opportunity for volunteers to appreciate and conserve the natural environment for our community.
What can volunteers expect to do?
- Get down and dirty with your trusty hands to restore Mother Earth
- A short trek to off-the hidden paths of Pulau Ubin
- Reforestation of Tanjong Tajam @ the Western Tip of Pulau Ubin
- Coastal Clean-up @ the Southern Coast of Pulau Ubin
- Environmental educational talk by Ms Ria Tan of WildSingapore
- Networking session with fellow youthful nature enthusiasts!
- Light breakfast and Lunch will be provided
What to wear?
- An OBS Alumni T-shirt will be given out at point of registration to be worn during the event
- Comfortable slacks/shorts and track shoes
What you will need to bring?
- Change of clothes
- Reusable water bottle (1 Litre)
- Personal protection e.g. insect repellent, sun block, caps/hats
- Small backpack to contain the above items and personal items
Time: 8am – 3pm, registration starts at 7.45am
Reporting location: OB Reception Centre at Punggol Point, 22 Punggol Road, Track 19, Singapore 828871
To register as a volunteer (minimum 14 years old) for the project, please register by 8pm, 22 Nov 2015 at bit.ly/1Q4Dlya
For more details, please visit https://www.obs.nyc.gov.sg/events-and-media/events/island-a-hand