Here’s a volunteering opportunity with Care Corner Family Service Centre (Queenstown)!
• Details of the programme
@A Mother, A Woman (AMAW) is a support group for single mothers that occurs on Wednesday nights, from 7.30pm to 9.30pm. The programme begins on 16 July and ends on 1 October. The programme aims to provide an opportunity for single mothers to build networks in the community and be empowered as the main caregiver of their families. The programme consists of parenting sessions, support group sessions, skills session, follow up and an outing. A children’s programme has also been developed for the children of the participants.
• Role(s) of volunteers
○ 1 volunteer is required to help with the reception and registration of the participants each week. The volunteer is required to set up and pack up the tables and chairs at the foyer, handle attendance, prepare refreshments for dinner, distribution of dinner pack to mothers, making phone calls to the mothers, distribution of vouchers to the mothers after every session and mingling with the mothers.
○ 4 volunteers are required as the Children’s Activity helpers for the various age groups. They would also be required to set up and pack up material and equipment, execute programs and games for the children group, as well as to execute 1 outing programme for the mothers and children.
○ 4 volunteers are also required to babysit infants. Volunteers with experience handling infants and toddlers are preferred.
○ All volunteers are required to be at the centre from 7.15pm to 9.45pm.
• To sign up, or for enquiries, please contact Charmaine at email@example.com or 6476 1481 for more information by 23rd July.