Volunteer’s Recruitment Drive
Camp Date: 17th & 18th March 2015 (Tues & Wed) Non overnight camp
Time: 830am to 5pm [Transport is not provided to and fro Camp Venue]
Venue: Queenstown Community Centre, Multi-Purpose Hall (365 Commonwealth Avenue Singapore 149732)
To Note: Volunteers will assemble at time & location allocated to them based on their roles and duties.
Organization Background/Camp Objectives & Description:
Singapore Children’s Society is a voluntary welfare organization, which has been actively reaching out to disadvantaged children and youth in Singapore since 1952. We reach out to children who are abused, neglected, from low-income/single-parent families, as well as youth-at-risk.
This camp aims to train a group of 10 students from each participating school as Bully-Free Ambassadors. At the camp, they will:
– Be trained as ambassadors to advocate bully-free living in their respective schools during the Bully-Free Week Campaign to be held in first or second week of April 2015
– Participate in the Bully-Free Amazing Race, and learn to design and organize a similar competition in their respective schools
– Develop ideas to promote Friendship and build a Bully-Free school environment
Compulsory Volunteer Training Date: 7th March (Saturday), 9am – 2pm
– Must be at least 17 years old and above (*Younger volunteers are subjected to interviews.)
– Must be comfortable working with children
– Must be able to commit all 3 days
– All volunteers must attend compulsory volunteer training
– Facilitate group work, provide guidance or assistance to children
– Facilitate debrief session on camp values and objectives after every activity
– Supervise children at all times, including meal times and outdoor activity
– Prepare logistics or set up activities
– Conduct games and activities
If interested, please contact Mahesh at firstname.lastname@example.org or call him at 6276 5077.