1. Benefit from the series of service-learning training provided and learn to manage and interact with the public professionally
2. Develop public speaking, interpersonal and leadership skills
3. Interact and forge new friendships with fellow volunteers from various backgrounds
4. Learn the non-material benefits of serving the community with “HEART”
5. Make a difference in the community
6. Contribute a minimum of 80 hours
7. Have fun!
1. Aged between 15 and 35 years old (i.e. born between 1981 and 2001)
2. Able to commit for all training sessions and parades (refer to schedule)
3. Possess problem-solving abilities and good interpersonal skills
4. Comfortable with working with people from various age groups and backgrounds
5. Have the ability to handle stress and work well under pressure
6. Able to work well both independently and in a team
7. Energetic, confident and fun-loving
8. Willing to take up challenges
– Direct spectators from the MRT stations to the Sports Hub
– Check the spectators’ tickets and facilitate their entry into the premises
– Assist spectators with locating their seats
– Distribute funpacks
– May be selected and deployed out to primary schools to bring the students to the Sports Hub during National Education (NE) Shows
– VIP ushers will be assigned to the VIP sector to carry out the above mentioned duties
If you are interested to be a part of National Day Parade 2016 Hospitality Management and you are able to commit for the whole duration of the project, you may follow the steps to apply:
1. Log on to Youthbank® (www.youthbank.sg) and join the event at: “HWN General Volunteers – NDP16”
2. Within five working days of your sign-up, the Youth Planning Committee (YPC®) will contact you to arrange for an interview.
3. You will be notified of the interview result via Youthbank® notification and email.
Should you have any inquiries, feel free to contact the YPC® at firstname.lastname@example.org.