If you have the passion for inspiring youth in an interactive environment, you are the one billionBricks is looking for!
billionBricks is seeking for vibrant, creative and enthusiastic individual to help out in a design hackathon with second year architecture students on 27 November 2017.
This position requires curation of hackathon, pre-hackathon preparation and support on actual day of the event.
Past experience in hackathon or conducting workshop for students is highly preferred.
billionBricks is a one-of-a-kind non-profit design studio with a vision to end homelessness. The organisation innovates new shelter solutions which are highly scalable and financially viable.
In four years, they have helped over 2,000 homeless find a shelter across 5 countries. Ashton Kutcher called its WeatherHYDE shelters, ‘innovation at its finest’. PowerHYDE shelters are world’s first solar powered homes for the homeless recipient of Global Grand Challenge Award by Singularity University.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Assist in developing fun and engaging program
• Assist in organising and inventorying materials for event
• Provide support in preparing, implementing and facilitating the program
• Interact and engage with participants to ensure an enjoyable atmosphere
What are we looking for
• Experience with curating student workshop or hackathon
• Able to commit for pre-planning and full day of event on 27 November 2017
• Great interpersonal skills to engage students
• Highly confident in public speaking
• Experience working with youth
• Experience in graphic and preparation of handouts
• Demonstrate leadership qualities
What’s in it for you?
• Gain rewarding experience from working with youth of diverse backgrounds
• Develop leadership skills in a dynamic and fun environment
• Gain experience in event planning and working with non-profit organisation
• Improve employability with volunteering
Closing Date: 20 Nov 2017
How to apply?
Join the mission by sending them a creative application to email@example.com. Include your written motivation with a clear mention of what unique quality you could bring to billionBricks or share with them your previous works. Read more about their values at https://www.billionbricks.org/careers/.