YMCA volunteers bring cheer to the beneficiaries by befriending them and participating in their classroom activities which include ADL (Activities of Daily Living), CLS (Community Living Skills) and Behavioural Modification lessons.
Periodically, YMCA volunteers pan and conduct special enrichment activities like dancing, singing, arts & crafts or sports & games for the beneficiaries to further enrich their lives.
Volunteers are currently needed for the following sessions:
24-Feb-18, 2.00pm – 4.30pm
10-Mar-18, 2.00pm – 4.30pm
7-Apr-18, 2.00pm – 4.30pm
12-May-18, 2.00pm – 4.30pm
9-Jun-18, 2.00pm – 4.30pm
7-Jul-18, 2.00pm – 4.30pm
11-Aug-18, 2.00pm – 4.30pm
15-Sep-18, 2.00pm – 4.30pm
13-Oct-18, 2.00pm – 4.30pm
8-Dec-18, 2.00pm – 4.30pm
Address: 20 Sembawang Crescent Singapore 757092
Volunteers befriend the elderly and engage with them in conversations and simple games.
Below entails the Programme brief
2.00pm-2.30pm – Volunteer registration, briefing and set up
2.30pm-2.50pm – Performance
2.50pm-3.20pm – Poison Ball
3.20pm-3.45pm – Prize Toss
3.45pm-4.00pm – Saying goodbye
4.00pm-4.15pm – Packing up & volunteers debrief
4.14pm-4.30pm – Dismissal
A brief write up of the games
– Participants are divided into 2 groups
– Elderly sit in a circle while children stand in the middle of the circle.
– Elderly throw soft inflated balls and try to hit the children from the other group. Children try to avoid the balls and those that are hit will exit the circle and help with picking up the balls and giving it to the elderly.
– The group with the last child standing wins the game. The elderly in the group will receive a prize.
– Elderly toss popsicle sticks on a mat with prizes. If the stick lands on a circle with a prize, the elderly gets the prize.
About Singapore Christian Home
Singapore Christian Home (SCH) is a non-profit nursing home for destitute and persons from low income families, requiring long term medical and nursing care with no alternative care arrangement. The multi-disciplinary team renders assistance in daily living activities, nursing, medical, geriatric, psychiatric, dermatological and nutrition care, physiotherapy, occupational, speech therapy, emotional support and financial assistance. The individuals are age from 45 to 103 years.
If you are interested to help out, please contact email@example.com