CareNights is the first and only programme in Singapore that provides transitional night care for children of families in need.
The organisation aims to instill virtues through organized activities with the children in its care. It caters to parents who need to work overtime, perform shift work frequently, attend night classes or to attend to life crisis situations such as a divorce. It serves children aged 7-14 years, and run nightly Mondays to Fridays, from 6pm to 10pm. There is no fee charged to the family.
Volunteers will be supported with comprehensive training on managing and communicating with children.
A screening interview will be conducted and selected volunteers will have to attend an orientation and be trained.
Please take note that there is a minimum commitment period of six months or at least 72 hours of service.
Volunteers are expected to:
• Assist to manage the behaviours of the children
• Assist the children with their academic work
• Facilitate/lead activities such as speech & drama, dance, art & craft, singing, preparing simple meals, educational or recreational games
• Promote CareNights to the community by going on home visits or participating in community events, such as job fairs or roadshows
• Assist with recruitment of volunteers for CareNights
• Assist in maintaining the safety and well beings of the children, security and cleanliness of the centres.
• At least 18 years old
• Open to working with children aged 7-14 for at least 6 months or at least 72 hours of service in a year
• Willing to learn new ways of engaging and communicating with children
• Positive mindset
• Sense of responsibility
• Openness to learning
For more details, please call 62851377 or email: email@example.com
To signup, please go to: https://www.morningstar.org.sg/volunteer-with-us/