Routes of Change is looking for a Communications and Engagement Specialist
Ready to apply your awesome skills and sink your teeth into some meaningful work where your talents will have an impact?
Markus Pukonen, the founder of Routes of Change, is circumnavigating the earth for five years without using a motor while raising support for local sustainability movements.
Routes of Change is seeking Social Media assistance and a Communications and Engagement Specialist to assist the CEO (Chief Exploring Officer) with communications, fundraising and marketing functions, including but not limited to:
– Publishing content across communication platforms to engage a variety of audiences (e.g., media releases, blogs, website, marketing materials)
– Curating content for social media, researching trends, related stories, etc.
– Public relations and media coordination
– Exceptional understanding of social media and best practices
– Knowledge of sustainability-related issues and challenges facing our planet.
– Other languages are an asset
– Some skills in Graphic design or open to developing it.
– Creativity, enthusiasm and a passion to follow your dreams!
You’ll thrive in this position if you are:
– Self motivated, a creative thinker with good communications skills
– Passionate about exploring online communities
– Competitive or goal oriented.
The ideal candidate may be a student pursuing a degree in Sustainability and/or Marketing and Communications looking to build their portfolio.
Note: this position is currently on a volunteer basis; opportunities for compensation will be assessed based on funding.
Time Commitment: Flexible hours/negotiable
Location: Flexible/Remote Based
Routes of Change is a registered non-profit society based in Tofino, BC, Canada. Markus Pukonen is the founder and was named one of Canada’s Top Modern Day Explorers by Canadian Geographic.
More information on Routes of Change is available here: http://routesofchange.org
Ready to make a difference? Send your best to email@example.com