Singapore Book Council is looking for passionate and capable volunteers to assist in the #BuySingLit 2019 (8-10, 15-17 March)!
#BuySingLit is an industry-led movement to celebrate stories from Singapore. Advocating ‘Buy Local, Read Our World’, home-grown book publishers, retailers and literary non-profits have come together to encourage more people to discover and embrace Singapore’s literature. Through buying and reading local works, you support the writers who bear witness to our lives, as well as the businesses in our community that deliver these stories to us. Most of all, you will experience the profound joy of unravelling the multi-faceted world around you.
1. Applicants must be aged 18 and above. Applicants below the age of 18 must gain consent from a parent/guardian and submit a consent form prior to the event.
2. Successful applicants are required to attend a pre-event briefing on 22 February 2019 (TBC) at the Singapore Book Council office, Goodman Arts Centre.
3. Selected volunteers are encouraged to volunteer for a full day. Otherwise, each volunteer is expected to clock in is a minimum of 4 hours per day (no minimum number of days).
Roles And Responsibilities
Each volunteer will be given the following roles (including but not limited to):
1. Social Media Assistant: To take photos of events and capturing live moments of #BuySingLit patrons/participants and will be uploaded on social media accounts
2. Survey Administrator: Conduct short surveys for individual events, will be in charge of tracking headcounts and answering basic questions
· Experience being part of a grounds-up movement on all things literary and have exclusive access to different events islandwide. You will also get to meet local authors up close and personal!
· For every 4-hour block, volunteers will receive $20 worth of #BuySingLit book vouchers which you can redeem as well as the official #BuySingLit 2019 tote bag.
· Volunteers will also receive a Certificate of Appreciation in recognition for their contributions.
The call for volunteers for the #BuySingLit 2019 will end on 8 March 2019.