Ellie, the Mental Health Elephant, is the official mascot for the Elephant in Our Community public education campaign.
Ellie represents the pain and struggles of all affected by mental health conditions, and their voices and hopes. She reminds us that persons affected by mental health issues live among us in the community. In fact, all of us will be affected by mental health issues at some point in our lives. In many ways, Ellie represents each of us, and all of us. #iamEllie.SG
Let’s acknowledge the Ellie in Our Community. Let’s talk about mental health. Let’s help Ellie. Shan You Organisation is looking for a volunteer to bring Ellie mascot to life, to raise awareness of mental health issues in our community while helping its crew to attract members of the public to contribute their support.
The following quality traits are needed for a volunteer:
– You will be outgoing and friendly, and of course happy to wear the Ellie mascot costume.
– Dress light and comfortably as this assignment will require a lot of physical movement in an enclosed suit, and do keep yourself hydrated as well.
– You will need to be between 165cm and 175cm to fit Ellie mascot and be able to last at least 20 mins in the suit.
Date: 5 Apr 2019 (Fri)
Time: 11am to 4pm (5hours with interval and lunch will be provided)
Venue: James Cook University – 149 Sims Drive, Singapore 387380
– Received a welcome kit on the Elephant in our Community and know more about Mental Awareness
– Lunch will be provided during volunteering duty
– Certificate of participation
– Limited edition of Ellie the Mental Elephant plush toy
You are required to declare your medical condition as this volunteering opportunity requires certain level of physical demands.
You are also required to attend the briefing on how to be Ellie prior to the event, which will be confirmed through email to schedule the briefing date once you have signed up your interest.
If you are interested, please email to Serene at firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up as Ellie the mascot talent.