#BuySingLit is looking for passionate and capable volunteers to assist for #BuySingLit 2020.
– Applicants must be aged 18 and above. Applicants below the age of 18 must gain consent from a parent/guardian and submit a consent form prior to the event.
– Successful applicants are required to attend a pre-event briefing on 21 February 2020.
– Selected volunteers are encouraged to volunteer for a full day. Otherwise, each volunteer is expected to clock in a minimum of 4 hours per day.
– You can volunteer on as many days as you can!
Volunteers’ roles and tasks
Each volunteer may be asked to undertake the following roles (including but not limited to*):
– Social Media Assistant: Take photos of events and capturing live moments of #BuySingLit patrons/participants and will be uploaded on social media accounts
– Survey Administrator: Conduct short surveys for individual events, will be in charge of tracking headcounts and answering basic questions
– Footfall clicker: Stationed at specific places to take footfall over a certain period using a clicker app from your mobile phone.
– Pre-event Logistics/Packers: Packing logistics may be required within the two weeks pre-event (if need be).
*More tasks may be added and updated closer to the briefing date.
– Experience being part of a grounds-up movement on all things literary and have exclusive access to different events islandwide. You will also get to meet local authors up close and personal!
– For every 4-hour block, volunteers will receive $20 worth of #BuySingLit book vouchers as well as the official #BuySingLit 2020 tote bag.
– Volunteers will also receive a Certificate of Appreciation in recognition for their contributions (upon request).
– Volunteers may also be invited or given special passes and/or discounts to future events organised by the Singapore Book Council.
All selected volunteers would be required to attend a compulsory briefing on 21 February 2020 (TBC) at the Singapore Book Council office, Goodman Arts Centre. Should you have any queries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject header “Volunteering @ #BSL 2020”.
If you are interested, please signup at: https://tinyurl.com/BuySingLit2020