Calling out to all like-minded youths aged 17 and above to join in Project MINDGames to connect and have a fun-filled day of games with MINDS’ elderly on 29th Feb 2020, Saturday from 2.00pm to 4.30pm*.
*Important volunteer training and briefing on 21st Feb 2020, Friday, 3.45pm – 5.00pm.
Sign up as a volunteer @ http://tiny.cc/Pmg20 by 13 February 2020.
Make an impact on under-privileged kids through tech education via Code in the Community!
Volunteers come from all walks of life but are drawn together by their love for kids and enthusiasm for tech.
The 8-week terms of free creative coding classes in Scratch and Python for kids from disadvantaged backgrounds don’t just teach kids to code – beyond that, Code in the Community is on a mission to arm kids with curiosity and creative confidence as self-motivated learners. Proficiency in Scratch or Python – self-taught or formal – is a prerequisite, and curriculum-specific and classroom management training will be provided. Classes are held at community centres and libraries in the heartlands and all over the island.
The next run of classes is from March 28 to May 17 – volunteer registrations are now open until March 6 but you’re encouraged to apply ASAP to get the slots of your choice.
To find out more and sign up: www.codeinthecommunity.com/volunteers
Join the Pangdemonium team as a front-of-house volunteer!
As a non-profit theatre company, volunteers play a vital role in supporting the team with front-of-house duties during every show. Have the opportunity to meet other theatre-lovers and catch a glimpse of the behind-the-scenes action of a theatre production.
Date: 20 Feb – 7 Mar 2020
Venue: 100 Victoria Street, National Library Building, Level 3, Singapore 188064
– One (1) complimentary ticket to volunteers who completed four shifts
– Or two (2) complimentary tickets to volunteers who completed six shifts
– Acknowledgement letter (by request)
Please note that tickets can only be redeemed upon completion of the shifts.
Front-of-House responsibilities include:
– Welcoming patrons at the theatre
– Collecting donations for programme booklets
– Responding to queries
– Directing patrons to their proper theatre doors
– Conducting surveys
– Setting up and taking down the merchandise station
– Selling Pangdemonium-related products and stock
Scheduled shifts for FOH duties:
– Evening performances: Tuesday to Saturday, 7:00pm – 11:00pm
– Matinee performances: Saturday and Sunday, 2:00pm – 6:00pm
– Gala Night performance: Saturday, 22 February, 6:00pm – 12:00am
There are no performances on Mondays and Sunday evenings.
Dress code: Black pants and covered shoes.
Pangdemonium will be providing you with their branded volunteer shirt on the day of your shift.
Kindly note that leggings and ripped or faded jeans are inappropriate attire.
If you are interested, do send an email at email@example.com
The OCBC Cycle Volunteer Program offers volunteers an exciting and memorable volunteer experience through various event roles available. In addition, volunteers get first hand unforgettable experience working behind the scenes of Singapore’s biggest mass cycling event.
OCBC Cycle 2020 will be held at Singapore Sports Hub on 9th and 10th May 2020.
Volunteer Dates: Within the period of 8th to 10th May 2020
– OCBC Cycle 2020 volunteer t-shirt
– Electronic certificate of appreciation
– Meals and refreshments
– Community Involvement Program (CIP) hours (if applicable)
– Transport allowance of $20 per shift
– Gain first-hand experience of working behind the scenes of a large-scale sporting event
– Foster teamwork, improve communication and problem-solving skills
If you have any enquiries, please feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 6814 0425.
To signup, please go to: https://www.ocbccycle.com/volunteer/