ALittleDeepavali is an initiative run by ALittleChange, a youth-run non-profit organisation that aspires to empower a community of youths to enact positive change in the communuty.
The organisation is currently organising a care package event around the French Road neighbourhood (next to Lavender MRT).
The team will be visiting residents of 1 room rental flats around the area to hand them some presents and engage them in friendly conversations to spread the festive cheer this Deepavali season.
Date: 7th November 2020
Time: 1215 – 1630
Venue: French Road Blk 7, 8 & 811
Meet-up Location: Lavender MRT
This event will consist of:
– Distributing bags of rice, and goodie bags filled with necessities and Deepavali-themed snacks
– Connecting with other like-minded individuals and building rapport with our community partners.
If you would like to help out, please signup at: https://forms.gle/HCedvzxfEZswS3S86
Do you want to help out in meaningful events during the weekends? Or are you looking for an opportunity to contribute your time to the community?
Come and volunteer with the Teck Ghee West Youth network!
The team has an upcoming house to house food distribution event on 28 November (Sat) and 20 December (Sun).
You will help to pack the canned food items in bags and go to rental flats to distribute the items to the residents in Ang Mo Kio.
CIP hours will be given.
Date: 28 Nov (Sat) and 20 Dec (Sun)
Venue: Teck Ghee Zone K (Ang Mo Kio)
Sign up form: https://forms.gle/GbFah8JH8X4xrdDy8
Do you want to make a real difference to children from disadvantaged backgrounds but don’t know where to begin?
There are many children who do not have access to basic learning opportunities.
They have never read a book; they do not have exposure to the English Language; many of them do not go to school.
Join today in making a difference in the lives of these 4-6-year-old children by being Volunteer Teachers.
Calling for Teacher Volunteers
1. Attend Teacher Everywhere™ training in Jan 2021 – covering child development, strategies for managing challenging behavior, delivering an effective reading session and other important skills in engaging children. (Trained teachers do not need to attend this)
2. You’ll be armed with lesson plans, classroom resources and empowered with support from ECF staff, mentors and fellow volunteers all the way.
3. Starting March 2021, deliver classes at least 4 times a year on Saturday mornings.
Looking for Volunteer Teachers who:
– Are 15 years and above
– Understand and speak English
– Enjoy reading to and interacting with children
– Are able to dedicate at least 4 Saturday mornings (3 hours each time) in a year
– Are committed to complete ECF’s Teacher Everywhere training (4 sessions of 3h each + 2 practicums) [Not applicable to qualified teachers]
For further queries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are interested, please register here.
Interested to support & EMPOWER young adults with ASD? Here’s an opportunity!
Trampolene Limited is looking for volunteers to tutor / mentor its young adults in areas such as Engineering, Design, Programming, & Science.
If you think you have what it takes to be a project consultant, we want you too!
This program requires min. 3 months commitment & is open to all undergrads & working individuals.
As this is a volunteer opportunity, no monetary reimbursement would be given.
Sign up at http://tinyurl.com/EmpowerASD
Got a question? Please email: email@example.com