goodgoblins is a home recycling service where the organisation collects recyclables from households and provide customised data. Join them to help educate residents to recycle effectively and take ownership of their waste.
Volunteer Job Scopes
1. Getting Households to Sign Up – by door to door (where goodgoblins charges a small nominal recycling fee for its routine collections)
2. Collection and Segregation on Collection Day – tagging, segregation
1. For Door to Door Sign Ups: 20 Jan | 21 Jan | 28 Jan | more dates in Feb
2. For Collections & Segregation: 2 Feb | 1 Mar | more dates to be confirmed
What You Will Learn
• You will be exposed first-hand to what majority of residents understand of the waste problem
• Amount of waste generated by people in their everyday lives
• Learn first-hand on what can or cannot be recycled
Passion Made Possible Through Volunteering
Limited slots for youths free of charge. Light snacks and registration from 630pm
Event Date: Wed 22 Jan 2020
Time: 7pm – 830pm
Venue: Eunos CC @ 180 Bedok Reservoir Rd S479220 (Nearest MRT: Bedok North DT29)
1) Hear firsthand experience on Russian and international volunteer scene
2) Learn how to fold origami hearts
3) Find out the differences between Social Work & Volunteering. Logic model for program planning!
MetaSport is a leading organiser of premium triathlon, cycling, swimming and running events in the region. Every year, MetaSport organises a friendly three-race series welcomes first-timers and experienced athletes to the sport of triathlon called – The MetaSprintSeries.
MetaSport aims to provide an entry point into the sport for aspiring triathletes and give a challenge to people that have been participating in the sport for a long time.
Volunteers can expect to receive benefits such as:
– $20 allowance
– DriFit Volunteer T-Shirt
– String bag
– Lunch Box and drinks
– Certificate of Attendance (VIA hours) on request
– Pre-race briefing note
Some types of tasks to be handled by volunteers:
– Bag Deposit Service
– Drinks Station Marshal
– Start Marshal
– Run Course Marshal
– Finish Line Marshal
– Timing Team Assistant
– Information Booth Assistant
Want to learn more about what Beautiful People is?
Seeking warm-heated Big Brothers and Big Sisters (Mentors) to join youths in a journey of growth. All you need is an open heart and a willingness to learn!
Start the new year by joining Beautiful People at its annual Meet-and-Greet session on 11th Jan 2020 from 9.30am to 12.30pm! Come meet the people who make Beautiful People what it is, hear about their passions and what drives them, and find out if your heart beats for the same cause!
This will be a short introduction to all who wish to find out more about Beautiful People and join them in this journey. You will be able to:
1. Understand more about what Beautiful People does
2. Meet and talk to its co-leaders from different programmes
3. Hear about their sharing from mentor pairings
4. Receive training and programme schedules
5. Understand the roles and responsibilities as a mentor