OH! Open House is a non-profit arts organisation which tells alternative stories of Singapore through art. Since 2009, OH! Open House has provided more than 20,000 people with the unique experience of appreciating art and heritage outside of museums and galleries – from strangers’ homes to underutilised public spaces.
This year, OH! Open House will be holding its biggest ever art walk across 3 spectacular factories in Sungei Kadut, and talking about man’s relationship with nature in a world faced with climate change.
OH! is looking for volunteers to help out!
Be part of the crusade to bring art out of museums and into the everyday spaces of Singapore. If you enjoy real stories, rediscovering cities and changing the way society experiences art, volunteer today!
Time commitment: 6 hours of training (broken down into 3 sessions), plus a minimum of 3 full days of volunteering during event.
Event dates: Weekends only, from 27th/28th June to 1st/2nd August.
1. OH! SUPERGUIDES – Lead visitors on an art tour around the sites & introduce artworks that reveal the forgotten stories of Singapore’s timber industry and how man’s relationship with nature will undergo changes in the face of climate change.
2. OH! SUPPORT CREW – Be in charge of ticketing and logistics from behind the scenes.
Training provided, no experience needed!
Sign up here: https://tinyurl.com/wood2020volunteers
Questions? Email email@example.com
Calling out to all like-minded youths aged 17 and above to join in Project MINDGames to connect and have a fun-filled day of games with MINDS’ elderly on 29th Feb 2020, Saturday from 2.00pm to 4.30pm*.
*Important volunteer training and briefing on 21st Feb 2020, Friday, 3.45pm – 5.00pm.
Sign up as a volunteer @ http://tiny.cc/Pmg20 by 13 February 2020.
Make an impact on under-privileged kids through tech education via Code in the Community!
Volunteers come from all walks of life but are drawn together by their love for kids and enthusiasm for tech.
The 8-week terms of free creative coding classes in Scratch and Python for kids from disadvantaged backgrounds don’t just teach kids to code – beyond that, Code in the Community is on a mission to arm kids with curiosity and creative confidence as self-motivated learners. Proficiency in Scratch or Python – self-taught or formal – is a prerequisite, and curriculum-specific and classroom management training will be provided. Classes are held at community centres and libraries in the heartlands and all over the island.
The next run of classes is from March 28 to May 17 – volunteer registrations are now open until March 6 but you’re encouraged to apply ASAP to get the slots of your choice.
To find out more and sign up: www.codeinthecommunity.com/volunteers
Join the Pangdemonium team as a front-of-house volunteer!
As a non-profit theatre company, volunteers play a vital role in supporting the team with front-of-house duties during every show. Have the opportunity to meet other theatre-lovers and catch a glimpse of the behind-the-scenes action of a theatre production.
Date: 20 Feb – 7 Mar 2020
Venue: 100 Victoria Street, National Library Building, Level 3, Singapore 188064
– One (1) complimentary ticket to volunteers who completed four shifts
– Or two (2) complimentary tickets to volunteers who completed six shifts
– Acknowledgement letter (by request)
Please note that tickets can only be redeemed upon completion of the shifts.
Front-of-House responsibilities include:
– Welcoming patrons at the theatre
– Collecting donations for programme booklets
– Responding to queries
– Directing patrons to their proper theatre doors
– Conducting surveys
– Setting up and taking down the merchandise station
– Selling Pangdemonium-related products and stock
Scheduled shifts for FOH duties:
– Evening performances: Tuesday to Saturday, 7:00pm – 11:00pm
– Matinee performances: Saturday and Sunday, 2:00pm – 6:00pm
– Gala Night performance: Saturday, 22 February, 6:00pm – 12:00am
There are no performances on Mondays and Sunday evenings.
Dress code: Black pants and covered shoes.
Pangdemonium will be providing you with their branded volunteer shirt on the day of your shift.
Kindly note that leggings and ripped or faded jeans are inappropriate attire.
If you are interested, do send an email at firstname.lastname@example.org