Morning Star Community Services is holding its very first Flag Day on 30 November 2019.
The organisation is looking for Flag Day Ambassadors to help raise funds to support its programmes and services for children and families in need in our community.
Morning Star Community Services aims to strengthen family relationships in Singapore through programmes and services, such as After-School Care for primary school-aged children and CareNights, a free evening care for children whose families are going through financial or structural changes. Morning Star also runs the NOVA (Nurturing One’s Valuable Attributes) Learning Intervention Programme in primary schools to help young children improve their social-emotional learning, mental well-being and character development. Morning Star provides After-School Care fee subsidies, Parenting Training and Family Counselling to empower families and individuals to build vibrant communities that can make a difference to our society.
How you can help?
Flag Day Ambassadors will collect street donations around Singapore and give out stickers for donors to show their support. Ambassadors will receive a free memo water bottle while stocks last as a token of appreciation!
Date: 30 November 2019, Saturday
Time: 9 am – 5 pm (by shift)
Reporting Stations: Ang Mo Kio MRT/ Toa Payoh MRT/ Tampines MRT/ Jurong East MRT
Sign up to be a Flag Day Ambassador at tinyurl.com/MSFlagDay
Venue: The Ngee Ann Kongsi Theatre @ WILD RICE, FUNAN level 4
107 North Bridge Road, #04-08 FUNAN, Singapore 199918
FOH duties include:
• Welcoming guests at the theatre foyer;
• Give out programme booklets to audience;
• Ushering the audience into the theatre;
• Registering audience members as Friends of W!LD RICE; and
• Assisting in various FOH administrative duties.
The show schedule for MERDEKA is as follows:
• Evening performances from Tuesday to Saturday at 7.30pm
• Matinee performances on Saturday and Sunday at 2.30pm
Interested volunteers must be able to commit to these timings for FOH duty:
• Evening performances: 6.30pm to 10pm
• Matinee performances: 1.30pm to 5pm
Dress Code: FULL BLACK. Please refrain from wearing slippers, singlets, shorts or school uniforms when on duty.
You will get:
– TWO (02) complimentary tickets to volunteers who complete FOH duty for SIX (06) shows;
– ONE (01) complimentary ticket to volunteers who complete FOH duty for FOUR (04) shows.
The tickets may be redeemed after FOH duties have been completed. Community Involvement Programme (CIP) hours will be given upon request.
Those who are interested in volunteering, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your full name, contact number and available dates/time slots.
Volunteer for kids. Volunteer for a good cause!
Singapore’s largest charity run for kids, POSB PAssion Run For Kids has benefited over 490,000 children (0-16 years old) to date, through 134 programmes/events.
Race Day: 15 Sept 2019, Sunday
Time: 3.30am – 11.30am
Venue: The Promontory @ Marina Bay
Volunteer Shuttle Bus Pickup @ 3am:
– Ang Mo Kio, MRT exit B
– Jurong East, Jcube Taxi Stand
– Seng Kang, MRT exit C
– Tampines, MRT exit B
– Woodlands, MRT exit C
< Volunteer Entitlements >
– $30 transport allowance
– Skechers crew tee
– Breakfast & snack
– CIP letter
< Team Challenge >
Top 3 teams with most number of attendance on event day
* 1st Prize: $500 cash
* 2nd Prize: $300 cash
* 3rd Prize: $200 cash
To sign up, all members must register with the same Team Name (last field).
Results will be announced with prize presentation at the end of event.
P.S. Race Entry Pack Collection (REPC) volunteer recruitment is fully closed.
This volunteer recruitment is valid till 6 September, Friday or till full recruitment, whichever comes first.
Volunteer confirmation email will be sent to confirm your attendance by 8 September, Sunday.
Should you have any queries, do email email@example.com
Please register at: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSehWBax9g3T92oIPqK-5_95MP4fb1S692Y30ha_L4JPMzo3zw/viewform
Join the Pangdemonium team as a front-of-house volunteer!
As a non-profit theatre company, its volunteers play a vital role in supporting the team with front-of-house duties during every show. Have the opportunity to meet other theatre-lovers and catch a glimpse of the behind-the-scenes action of a theatre production.
Date: 27 September – 13 October 2019
Venue: 100 Victoria Street, National Library Building, Level 3, Singapore 188064
– One (1) complimentary ticket to volunteers who completed four shifts
– Or two (2) complimentary tickets to volunteers who completed six shifts
– Acknowledgement letter (by request)
Please note that tickets can only be redeemed upon completion of the shifts.
Front-of-House responsibilities include:
– Welcoming patrons at the theatre
– Collecting donations for programme booklets
– Responding to queries
– Directing patrons to their proper theatre doors
– Conducting surveys
– Setting up and taking down the merchandise station
– Selling Pangdemonium-related products and stock
Scheduled shifts for FOH duties:
– Evening performances: Tuesday to Saturday, 7:00pm – 11:00pm
– Matinee performances: Saturday and Sunday, 2:00pm – 6:00pm
– Gala Night performance: Saturday, 28 September, 6:00pm – 12:00am
There are no performances on Mondays and Sunday evenings.
Dress code: Black pants and covered shoes.
Pangdemonium will be providing you with their branded volunteer shirt on the day of your shift.
Kindly note that leggings and ripped or faded jeans are inappropriate attire.
If you are interested, do send an email at firstname.lastname@example.org